NAIC Facility and Infrastructure
In Progress. Goal is to establish the first major commercial facility.
To build such a facility in China, the following issues have been considered and acted upon over the past 6 months. Chinese coal has been tested in pilot plants and resulted used in development of financial forecasting and project design. A full team has been assembled in China to support business development and technical presentation to 4 key customers. Other highlights include:
Location of the Chinese office is in Shanghai with pilot facilities nearby. It also makes sense to incorporate our training facilities with this new pilot, and a possible cooperation with the local university is planned.
The pilot will include a batch and a continuous facility. A customized microwave generator container will be installed.
A laboratory analytical services on site will be constructed. The lab must conform to the ASTM standards and procedures, as well as the equivalent Chinese specifications.
Coal Storage Space
The location to receive, treat and store considerable amounts of coal is also planned. The full area estimated for the pilot facility is 2,000m2, including offices and training facilities.
Apart from microwave and reactors, the equipment required for the pilot include also:
- Feed and discharge facilities such as conveyors, bunkers and silos. Due to limitations on the angle of conveyors transporting coal to the top of the reactors, a certain distance must be allocated above which the conveyor will be erected.
- Forklift and front-end loader.
- Control room and control equipment.
- Condenser and cooling water supply (cooling tower).
- Inert gas (nitrogen, CO2) supply and control.
- Vacuum pump or vacuum fan.
- Power electronics supply and switch gears.
- Dust collection.
- Super-sack loading and offloading.
Facilities similar to the EERC will have to be identified. The EERC combustion test boiler is a small facility which includes a 1MW fully instrumented boiler with the necessary auxiliary to test 50 kg/hr coal combustion over 5-8 hours. Larger facility should also be investigated.
Staff will be trained in the operation and maintenance of the pilot and the design of each test-run.